Sunday, January 06, 2008

Rev. Fr. Abraham P. Arganiosa, CRS prepares for Tridentine Mass

Rev. Father Abraham P. Arganiosa, CRS, from Sorsogon City, Province of Bicol, is preparing himself to celebrate the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass according to the Missal of Blessed Pope John XXIII.

Father Abe says "...like you I am also in-loved with the Tridentine Mass because I see it as an immortal treasure of the liturgical heritage of the Church. Now that the Summorum Pontificum had given permission to priests to say the Tridentine Mass of Pope John XXIII [1962] and has commanded priests to accept requests for it I am still preparing myself for such a service."

Father Abe continues "If there are no priest in Bicol that celebrate it then count me in. As long as there is a request I will celebrate it with love out of OBEDIENCE TO THE COMMAND OF THE VICAR OF CHRIST."

Father Abe believes that it is the will of the Lord for him to celebrate Mass in the extraordinary form and is very eager to worship Him in the said manner. He is requesting that he be given at least a month to be thoroughly ready to celebrate using the extraordinary form as he still needs to prepare to celebrate the Mass with the solemnity and grace it deserves.

Deo Gratias!

Rev. Fr. Abe P. Arganiosa, CRS is the College Chaplain of Aemilianum College, Inc. in Sorsogon City. He hosts a local television program "The Splendor of the Church," and is an associate member of the Defensores Fidei Foundation.

A full transcript of the post from Father Abe's blog can be found in his blog, The Splendor of the Church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Fr. Abe for being open to the TLM. May we have more priests like you!

Looking at Father's picture, though, I cannot help by wonder why most Filipino priests wear an oversized stole over their chasu-albs or chasubles? The General Instruction of the Roman Missal is very clear that the minumum vestments of a priest celebrating Mass is an alb, a stole over the alb, and a chasuble over the stole and alb. Yet, in most Masses in the Philippines, the priest would be wearing an unauthorized "chasu-alb" with an oversized stole over it. I have seen pictures of Cardinal Rosales celebrating Mass in a similar chasu-alb outfit. This is a form of litrugical abuse.

Unknown said...

Good day. I am a seminarian from your previous congregation(Clerics Regular of Somasca) currently in Somascan Fathers Major Seminary in Tagayatay. I would like to know if what religious institution in the Philippines offers training for the celebration of the Tridentine mass. Yes, I may still have a long way ahead of me but I would like to know so that if ever I may become a Somascan priest I may be able to celebrate not only the Novus Ordo but also the Tridentine mass that I also love since it holds a deep sense of tradition that was passed on to us throughout the whole existence of the church since the time of the apostles.

Yours truly in St. Jerome Emiliani and Mary Mother of Orphans,
Jhon Fred Gaviola.