Saturday, February 28, 2009
Tip: Rorate Caeli
Monday, February 23, 2009
It is with great sadness that I share the news the passing of Rt. Rev. Monsignor Moises Andrade, STL at 4:30am after suffering a massive stroke last Thursday afternoon. Condolences to the family and close friends of our beloved spiritual father and adviser, Msgr. Andrade.
In paradisum deducant te Angeli: in tuo adventu suscipiant te Martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Jerusalem. Chorus Angelorum te suscipiat, et cum Lazaro quondam paupere aeternam habeas requiem.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
[Update: 13:35 20 February 2009 GMT +8]
Please pray for the Monsignor who is very critical as of the moment.
Mary, Help of Christians, our Lady of Fatima, please pray for your beloved priest, Msgr. Moises Andrade.
[Update: 14:30 20 February 2009 GMT +8]
Our beloved spiritual adviser, Monsignor Moises Andrade, is now brain dead. We must now double our efforts to intercede for our beloved father for a miraculous recovery but we have to accept the will of the Father.
[Update: 24:25 20 February 2009 GMT +8]
Msgr. Moises Andrade condition is stabilized but with the aide of respirator. Let us continue praying for improvements in his condition and his speedy recovery.
[Update: 5:15 23 February 2009 GMT +8]
Msgr. Moises Andrade has passed on at around 4:30AM.
Name:Moises Bernardino Andrade
Date of Birth:23 September 1948
Place of Birth:Sta. Cruz, Manila,
Marilao Elementary Public School, second honor
Our Lady of Guadalupe Minor Seminary, first in Latin
San Carlos Major Seminary
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, magna cum laude
University of Santo Tomas, Faculty of Theology
Bachelor of Theology, magna cum laude
Licentiate in Theology, magna cum laude
Doctorate in Theology, magna cum laude
University of Santo Tomas, Graduate School
Summer Classes of 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972
Asian Social Institute
Candidate for Master's Degree in Sociology
University of Santo Tomas, Faculty of Science
Summer Course of 1976
Far Eastern University, Manila
Candidate for Master's Degree in Science
Pontifical Institute of Liturgy, Rome
Licentiate in Liturgy, summa cum laude
Doctorate in Liturgy, magna cum laude
Ordination to Presbyterate: 10 December 1972
University of Santo Tomas, Faculty of Theology
Divine Word Seminary, Tagaytay City
Immaculate Conception Seminary, Guiguinto, Bulacan
Don Bosco Center of Theological Studies, Paranaque, Metro Manila
Saint Vincent School of Theology, Novaliches, Quezon City
Our Lady of Angels Seminary, Novaliches, Quezon City
Maryhill School of Theology, Quezon City
Saint Alphonsus School of Theology, Lucena City
Lumen Christi Catechetical Center supervised by FMM Sisters
Mother of Life Catechetical Center supervised by NDV nuns
Asian Institute for Liturgy and Music
Paul VI Institute of Liturgy, Malaybalay, Bukidnon
From an email:
Father Joseph Skelton will be celebrating a low mass according to the extraordinary form of the Roman Rite, 3pm tomorrow at St. Jerome Emiliani and Sta. Susanna Parish in Ayala Alabang.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Photo from Hallowed Ground
Beginning February 20, the Friday noon Mass at the Stella Orientis Oratory will be celebrated in Latin. The Mass will continue to be the ordinary rite as approved by Vatican II, not the extraordinary rite or the so-called Tridentine Mass.
Celebrating the Friday noon Mass this way will preserve the use of Latin in the liturgy, as encouraged by Pope Benedict XVI. Using Latin in the Mass has never been stopped or prohibited. In the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy Sacrosanctum Concilium the Second Vatican Council, while allowing the use of the vernacular, also affirmed that the “use of the Latin language (…) is to be preserved in the Latin rites." (no. 36)
The spiritual formation of the students of the University of Asia and the Pacific is entrusted to the Opus Dei.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Saturday, February 07, 2009
From the Archdiocese of Manila website:
ON THE CELEBRATION OF THE MASS
ACCORDING TO THE RITE OF THE ROMAN MISSAL
PUBLISHED IN 1962 (TRIDENTINE MASS)
In accordance with the norms laid down by the Apostolic Letter, issued motu propio, of His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI, Summorum Pontificum, We hereby establish the following guidelines and conditions on the celebration of the Mass according to the rite of the Roman Missal published in 1962 (Tridentine Mass) in the Archdiocese of Manila:
- The regulation of the celebration of this extraordinary form of the Mass belongs to the Archbishop of Manila, through the Minister of the Ministry for Liturgical Affairs of the Archdiocese of Manila.
- This form of Mass is to be celebrated only at the Christ the King Chapel of the Metropolitan Cathedral of Manila once a month, but not on Sundays and Solemnities.
- The presider at this form of celebration should be a priest duly appointed by the Archbishop of Manila.
- To ensure the solemnity and orderliness of the celebration of this form of Mass, the participation of other ministers (i.e., lectors, Master of Ceremonies, servers, choir, etc.) in the liturgy is to be determined and regulated by the Ministry for Liturgical Affairs of the Archdiocese of Manila.
- The celebration of the extraordinary form of the Mass in this Chapel is open to any individual or group in the Archdiocese of Manila who may have the desire to participate in such celebrations. Further requests from individuals or groups from the parishes of or who belong to the Archdiocese of Manila to celebrate this form of Mass is to be directed to join the monthly celebration at the Manila Cathedral.
- It is highly encouraged that a missal / booklet of the rite in Latin and English be prepared to help the faithful follow the celebration. It is like wise encouraged that those who will participate in this Mass undergo a catechetical orientation before the celebration.
- The Archbishop of Manila has jurisdiction over this celebration and, therefore, can decide to limit or discontinue this monthly celebration anytime he judges that this is not consonance with the whole pastoral direction of the Local Church.
Given in Manila, this 8th day of December 2008.
+GAUDENCIO B. CARDINAL ROSALES
Archbishop of Manila
San Beda Alabang is located in Alabang Village, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Photo courtesy of Ex Fide in Fidem
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Monday, February 02, 2009